In a podcast with EACPT Secretary Professor Donald Singer, Ziad Mallat
- discusses how he became interested in this research question,
- considers inflammatory therapeutic targets at early and later stages in the evolution of serious clinical vascular disease,
- explains the inflammasome and
- discusses options for targeting both soluble and cellular factors.
1. Listen to the podcast with Ziad Mallat about immunotherapy vs. atherosclerosis.
2. Listen to Ziad Mallat discussing how he became interested in a career in clinical research.
|Ziad Mallat with EACPT Vice-Chair Tabassome Simon and EACPT Secretary Donald Singer|
Around 600 young and senior pharmacologists and other delegates from 5 continents were in Geneva at the end of August, for the 11th biennial Congress of the European Association for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (EACPT).
More about the 11th EACPT Congress in Geneva.
|Paddle steamer by Hôtel de la Paix, Geneva|
View Congress Abstracts ONLINE at the Clinical Therapeutics website.
The Geneva Congress brought together a wide range of international delegates, including health professionals, clinical and life scientists, policy makers, professionals from the biotechnology and pharmaceutical communities and others interested in the spectrum from basic to clinical pharmacology and pharmacotherapy, and from drug discovery to regulatory affairs. For the Geneva Congress, there were 101 invited speakers from 21 countries - 15 from the European region and a further 6 countries internationally, from the USA, Canada, New Zealand, China, Benin and India. Around 300 abstracts from 57 countries from all 5 continents were presented as oral and poster communications.
Future EACPT Congresses and Summer Schools
2014 - 11th EACPT Summer School - Nijmegen: 5-8 July
2015 - 12th EACPT Congress - Madrid
2017 - 13th EACPT Congress - Prague
2019 - 14th EACPT Congress - Stockholm