At a well-attended EACPT Congress session, EACPT official journal editor Richard Shader gave a Masterclass to over 80 delegates on how publish a scientific paper.
Listen to Dr Shader discussing Clinical Therapeutics with Donald Singer from the EACPT:
Dr Shader's key messages on scientific writing included- write clearly
- explain why you undertook the work
- describe how you advanced knowledge in the field.
- note further work that would take the field forward
- decide title and write abstract last - avoid excessive use of adverbs
- use short sentences
- consider use of translation support if English is not your first language: this should be translation of your own text, NOT ghost writing
More helpful advice for authors
The European Association of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics has Clinical Therapeutics as its Official Journal, in partnership with the major international publisher Elsevier.
The journal features highlights of EACPT scientific and other activities and provides information on future EACPT congresses, summer schools and other events. The journal also publishes peer-reviewed original papers and reviews arising from EACPT conferences.