Rotterdam 7th April, 20017
The EACPT Executive Committee are meeting in Rotterdam to agree final details of the next EACPT Congress to be held in Prague from 24-27 June 2017.
Early registration deadline 17 April
Standard registration deadline 16 June
Highlights of the Congress will include
- 22 sessions with Keynote Lectures on current issues for research, education and clinical practice on safe and effective use of medicines
- almost 500 oral and poster presentations from the European Region and around the world
- presentation of EACPT Lifetime Achievement (Professor Pertti J.Neuvonen, Finland) and Scientific Awards
- opportunity to network with global experts and trainees in the fields of research, clinical practice, the biotechnology sector, regulation and health policy
- update on the activities of the EACPT Working Groups for Research, Education, Regulation and Young Pharmacologists.
|Charles Bridge - Prague|
Themes will include the latest developments on effectiveness and safety of medicines, clinical pharmacology in clinical practice, pharmacokinetics/systems pharmacology, including in special populations, innovative techniques, eHealth, biomarkers, education, advanced practices in topics such as drug discovery, drug development, biological therapies, global health with a focus on access to safe medicines, new pharmacology and pharmacotherapy, safety in prescribing and updates on personalised medicines, as well as updates on specific therapeutic areas, including cardiovascular disease, infectious disease, nephrology, oncology, neurology and psychiatry.
Anyone from anywhere in the world with a professional interest in clinical pharmacology and/or therapeutics can now join the EACPT as an Individual Associate member.
There are reduced joining fees for Individual Associate members who are already members of a national or international organisation relevant to clinical pharmacology and therapeutics.
Membership benefits include:
* Discounted registration fees for EACPT meetings
* Online access to the Official EACPT Journal - Clinical Therapeutics
* Access to the EACPT’s worldwide network of Individual Associate Members
* Active involvement in EACPT
The 2019 EACPT Congress will be held in Stockholm and the 2021 EACPT Congress in Athens.
The EACPT was founded 25 years ago and now includes as members all national organisations for clinical pharmacology in Europe, as well as organisations from further afield internationally. The EACPT aims to provide educational and scientific support for the more than 4000 individual professionals interested in clinical pharmacology and therapeutics throughout the European region, with its congresses attended by a global audience. The EACPT also advises policy makers on how the specialty can contribute to human health and wealth.
Clinical Therapeutics, the Official Journal of EACPT.